Friday, September 15, 2017

KEY TO UNCLE TOM'S CABIN

Reading in KEY TO UNCLE TOM'S CABIN by Harriet Beecher Stowe , her 1853, scholium, if you will, to her immortal Civil War-era classic , I go from gasp to gasp! This writer is as awesome as Origen, I wrote in the margin. I was referring to the African father of Christian theology. Origen's ON FIRST PRINCIPLES is a philosophical classic from the third century AD; its clear applications of Holy Scripture to life questions have transcended space and time . Although he was not "sainted" by the Catholic Church, due to certain doctrinal quarrels, it was was finally translated from Latin into English in 2013, making it accessible to me. In reading Stowe's "Key to Uncle Tom's Cabin" I feel Origen again! I wish I could share some of it with you, as customary . But, there is just to much for me to share or for you to read, much less to receive! Get UNCLE TOM'S CABIN, A KEY TO UNCLE TOM'S CABIN, and Origen's ON FIRST PRINCIPLES. Read and rejoice in all for yourself.