Monday, April 22, 2019

DILIGENT RECORD KEEPING

DILIGENT RECORD-KEEPING Record-keeping is a form of faithful stewarding, being self-rewarding . However mundane the nature or the subject matter of the records that are being systematically kept, their inherent value, their portable profitability as evidence, as a true reference is not always recognized. I kept records of push-ups done during summers before football . I kept records of my expenditures in summer jobs to calculate how much I must save and how little I could spend to buy my first car. Of course, I kept notes in school which helped me to learn the skills that were being taught, information disseminated, most importantly, in test review/take preparation time. Records are how key knowledge is passed on. They hold organizations together as minutes, laws, actions , expenditures, income, debts, and so forth. Records are found in and kept in books, are often the reason for various books, papyrus, stele, parchments, scrolls, other formats. Most record-keeping is now online. It is conceivable that what we now write may be retrievable by future generations of citizens, relatives, authorities, prospective employers. "Amanuensis" is one name for an exalted record keeper or scribe. Secretary ('secret'--ary) is another name for this very important office. We would all do well, do better, by becoming diligent record-keepers.