Sunday, March 11, 2018

THE GODSELF

ENCOUNTERING THE GODSELF In 1985, I published the last issue of my THE NILE REVIEW black historical newsletter, which I had begun publishing in August 1981. I stopped monthly writing, editing, publishing it myself for several reasons: 1. I was tired of the work; 2. I was about to embark upon the private practice of law, which was time-consuming and expensive enough, without the newsletter ; and 3. My spirit cried out to stop. I published 20 issues over the 4 years indicated that traveled all over the world to subscribers. My final issue, "Exhalations from my Soul," was a condensed compendium of my spiritual and historical readings, which included the BIBLE, QURAN, Lao Tsu, and others. I wrote about their overlap with history, ancient and modern. In that issue, "Exhalations," I used an expression "the god-self " a shortened notation of God in self, myself, yourself, every self at all. I had never seen the word God-self before, although its substance was well known to me from my studies and from reading in Psalm 82:6 and from other references, including St. Augustine's CITY OF GOD; another reference that I had purchased in some university book store in New Orleans, where I had spent time in the 1980s, during a great life crisis. Today, March 11, 2018, I heard and saw references to the "God-self" on a Facebook video that discussed the similarities between ancient Peru and ancient Egypt, with regard to iconography and hagiography in their religious depictions. Then, I later googled the term "godself" and found the symbol placed above, a world-wide religious symbol from antiquity. This discovery had followed my earlier readings in ROUGHING IT by Mark Twain, who had described in his travelogue the island of Hawaii's mysterious Hoanuanua temple complex, that had evoked and strongly resembled construction characteristics of Kemet and Nubia megaliths. The Hawaiians used it as "City of Refuge," but they had no knowledge of who had built it, how, or even when. They just knew it was ancient, spiritual; before them. I am frankly not sure why I shared this information. Perhaps, it was too heavy or hot or cold to hold! May the God of all bless the reader and the sharer with grace, and the human race, who seek to know the truth of how, who, what, they are.