Sunday, March 25, 2018

DNA TEST AND PERSONAL HISTORY

DNA TEST AND PERSONAL HISTORY As a young teen, I worked with my father doing odd jobs. Once we painted the guttering of the St. Louis Missouri home of an elderly black man, whom daddy said was very learned. He was a school teacher or professor of some kind. I do not remember his name. At the conclusion of our work, daddy introduced me to that man, as his son. That man engaged in small talk with us. During our brief talk, the man said that daddy looked more like an Indian, but that I looked more like a Bantu. I do remember feeling somewhat ashamed by the facial distinction. But, since I was my first father's son, and my mother was called "black girl," lovingly by her father, who called himself an "Ethiopian, not a nigger," Perhaps, I rationalized, I had "took after" my mother more. DNA tests however of my son show no trace of Indian!