Saturday, November 11, 2017

TRUE PATH OF PHILOSOPHY

TRUE PATH OF PHILOSOPHY I was thrown off the true path of philosophy my freshman year in college. "Introduction to logic" was the course. My professor was a mustachioed brother at Howard named Faulkner. It knocked all of the taste for philosophy out of my mouth. If this is it, I fumed privately, who needs it? I moved on to other interests like African American history and literature, journalism, and law. Law brought philosophy right back on another social plane. Now, I tenaciously held on to what law called itself, what the practice of law pretended to be, in society: jurisprudence, certain philosophy It is not. "Philosophy" means lover of knowledge. Knowledge anciently was astronomy, geometry, art, music, upon which the edifices of religion and of science was raised. Upon this rock, world civilization, lives . Being renewed by study of those old megalithic structures that are yet revered, whose aboriginal foundations and African antiquity and provenance is speculative still! Fortunately, I have encountered great teachers and books along the way, each of whom, or which, has enriched my knowledge slurry from former anomalous curry that it was.