Thursday, November 2, 2017

COLLOQUY AMONG FRIENDS

COLLOQUY AMONG FRIENDS: Says Lloyd Monroe "I once believed that racism was the product of the “untutored.” If racism was a learned response, the result of being taught bigotry and prejudice, it could be unlearned, right? Yet, I now see how wrong I was. Truth and facts don’t matter to racists. You see, the sickness is not due to the mind; rather it is a sickness of the heart. In the Age of Trump, when facts no longer matter to those who wallow in their ignorance, you cannot teach people not to hate, as racism is not simply mental illness, but it is the consequence of depraved hearts." I replied: Teach my brother! Profound ! But, can the depraved heart be converted, palliated, remediated? If so how? He responded: "With God all things are possible. Only God can truly change hearts." I retorted: Amen 🙏 That would seem to affirm that our sojourn on this continent was itself an act of God. He rejoined : "Genesis 50:20"