Sunday, October 1, 2017

LAST LAW OFFICE MOVE

MY LAST LAW OFFICE MOVE It is notable that it was in October 2010 that the last act in physically moving my now-useless, former, solo practice law office's furniture, books, implements, clients' files, art, plants, paraphernalia from my last law office ( of 3 others over my 23 years of private practice) to their final site, our home in Raytown , Missouri, was carried out in four perfectly interlocking parts. They were : 1. My wife, Lyla, who was the rental truck driver 2. Fellow lawyers carried 3. Baptist brothers from the men's board of my wife's wonderful church 4. Lunch provided to us by a revered, senior Jackson County Bar brother. All that I had to do in October 2010, when the last law office move took place--all I could do 'post-stroke'--was sit, observe, greet , eat, smile, and marvel at God's mighty works. It had occurred to me this morning that my last law office's movement from there to our home had somewhat paralleled the 'Section on Law and Religion' of the National Bar Association's (NBA) founding, that I had been most indispensable in establishing during the NBA Bar year, 2005-2006, along with other key lawyer-brothers for our black branch of the legal profession. Some day, that Section and our NBA both may come back "home" to their original roots in the law of God, in the ancient Kemetic law of MAAT, (balance , order, beauty, divine law) from which both are now estranged; but by which both were birthed into being: religion displacing daily practical ethics; law displacing wisdom; both now discrete disciplines which devolved during ensuing ages, during which times: successive waves of foreign infiltrations, wars, adaptations, confiscations, and destructions, tore and moved them widely apart.