Saturday, August 12, 2017

PSALMS 23 AND ME

GOD & ME: A PSALM 23 PRÉCIS There is a poetic and prophetic intimacy of God and me in Psalms 23. "The Lord is my shepherd." God succors me with rest, food, drink securely. "He maketh me to lie down in green pastures; he leadeth me beside the still waters." My peace of mind is of God. "He restores my soul. He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his namesake." Low, lonely places in my life do not frighten me, since God, inside and outside, secures me. "Yea! Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for thou art with me: thy rod and thy staff they comfort me." With enemies all around me, I am yet fed, anointed, and replenished by God. "Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of my enemies; thou anointest my head with oil ; my cup runneth over ." In my wake will be righteousness, since I follow and abide with God. "Surely goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life; and I will dwell in the house of the Lord, forever." Intimacy. Poetry. Prophesy. God and Me.