Friday, December 8, 2017

FIRE-MICROMAVE

OF FIRE AND MICROWAVE Fortunately we self-anointed few perceive that the words which are ascribed to Jesus Christ in the Bible, show that the "son of man," was much more: natural, broad-minded, universal, than were the scribes, Pharisees, priests, rulers; much more so than even his very own disciples, who followed had him, and who claimed to love him. "Whoever is not against you is for you" Jesus said; " Forbid them not." http://biblehub.com/luke/9-50.htm Jesus, in Luke 9, had rebuked a disciple, John, who had said to Jesus: "Master, said John, we saw someone driving out demons in your name, but we tried to stop him, because he is not one of us." John's focus was upon his group, on "one of us." But, Jesus' much broader focus was upon evil itself. Extirpating evil is greater than any group, creed or any denomination. Proof of this truth, this common fact, was deftly brought home to me this morning, as I was cooking breakfast. I had put bacon in the skillet on my stove, but did not turn on the fire! Thus the bacon did not cook, but my grits were, naturally, merrily beside them, boiling away! This simple, pedestrian, stovetop observation, to me, was seemingly profound, seemingly irrefutable. It then occurred to me, in a flash, that: "Nothing cooks without fire." I posted the thought on Facebook, against a red background. A friend then answered : "Microwave LOL!" Smacked down and blessed at the same time, was I . I replied "Teach." So, as Jesus was saying to John so many centuries ago, being also as rebuked, I say to you, that beyond the "fire" of the Holy Ghost, lies the "microwave" of God, which we dare not truncate, nor abbreviate! Amen! http://biblehub.com/luke/9-49.htm