Friday, December 29, 2017

ABOUT TIME

TALKING ABOUT TIME Time, space, other dimensions as well, may be outside of God, our Creator, but time is encoded in instinct for animals, perhaps in plants and microbes and insects . But our biological algorithms predetermined our time in this space (the hairs on our heads) and adapted us to be able to conceive of and to calculate time and space and other dimensions. Indeed that same life logarithm enables us to "feel" God in everything and everyone around us, and to imagine God as a metaphor or myth, whose actual existence we embrace and embody, as being as real as we. I recall writing a poem at 18, at Howard U, in the School of Fine Arts: "Time Ain't We Is!" At age 43 or 44, I recall preaching my first sermon at my home church, St. Matthews CME Church, in Meacham Park, Missouri (near St. Louis) titled: "How Much Time Do We Have?" The query was taken from St. Augustine's CITY OF GOD, an abridged version of which I had read earlier in the 1980s.