Monday, November 12, 2018

WORLD WAR I'S RIFF-RAFF

WORLD WAR I'S RIFF-RAFF I recall discussing some years ago a late Missouri politician's angst at not having been seated in the VIP section and recognized, for having procured $5 million for the World War I Memorial's restoration in KC. A few years later, I attended a lecture at the WWI Museum that featured a prominent African American author, historian, female, who was all-too-forgiving of the international disgrace, shame, and humiliations that were heaped on African American soldiers by white American brass in France and Italy! Having read of the futile attempts by the members of the Universal Negro Improvement Association to attain land that was surrendered in Africa by Germany for a Homeland for blacks wishing to repatriate, at the Versailles peace talks, WWI had seemed to me to be more about the retention of white supremacy than the propagation of any liberty! Naturally, no political person who was more interested in VIP seating than truth would care to know truth nor of any historical stuff, unless some money was there for them. Similarly, no hired lecturer would care to insult their host, whose promised payment was needed, with facts . Therefore, promulgation of truth about World War I is left to riff-raff like me, and like others, who have time, temerity to read, seek, confer, to teach the truth about it for free! Not only is this fact true about WWI, it is true of all else within the African American experience, bar none . Better get it for yourself, if you want to know it! Or forget it!