Monday, November 5, 2018

TRIBUTE TO TWO BROTHERS

TRIBUTE TO TWO BROTHERS I was blessed to have had two very different brothers, both deceased . The eldest, our eldest , was Elvis Mitchell Coleman, Jr., most famous in Gary, Indiana and in St. Louis County. We called him Buddy. My younger brother, our younger brother, was Stephen Messiah Coleman of St. Louis and Chicago, most famously. I called him Stevo! Buddy was straight-up street in carriage, demeanor, and in style. Stevo was his opposite: scholarly , reserved, damn-near Republican! Buddy was five years my senior. Stevo was five years my junior. I rocked their median essentially. I loved both men dearly, even though we all experienced life unevenly, differently, as brothers. Stevo I taught many things. Buddy taught me many things. I benefited from the love and the allegiance of both men: emotionally, culturally. I remain ever indebted to each one. Rest well my brothers. See you soon on the other side of dawn!