Friday, November 2, 2018

VICTORIES OVER OURSELVES

VICTORIES OVER OURSELVES The late Dr. Ivan Van Sertima admonished me on the critical need for accuracy in my factual presentations, in 1983, while he was at my house in Kansas City, listening to me speak on KCUR radio. He wrote THEY CAME BEFORE COLUMBUS and founded the "Journal of African Civilizations." He was my friend. I had twice brought him here to speak on his books. "Dr." John G. Jackson of Chicago, by way of Aiken, South Carolina, also a house guest and friend of mine in 1983, is author of several seminal works, MAN GOD AND CIVILIZATION, INTRODUCTION TO AFRICAN CIVILIZATIONS, AND CHRISTIANITY BEFORE CHRIST. Dr. Jackson had curiously sent to me a drafted cylindrical object in a letter, upon returning to Chicago, whose volume he had asked me to calculate, for whatever reason. I deferred to calculate the volume. He died. The end of that I thought. But, because precision defeats imprecision, because perfection defeats imperfection, because accuracy defeats inaccuracy; justice defeats injustice, truth defeats untruth, love defeats hate, and good, evil, so we the divine heirs and descendants of primordial mankind and civilization are precisely constrained to employ perfection, accuracy, justice, truth, love and good, to overcome the sedulous purveyors of the virtuous opposites in patterns of systematic oppression for centuries over us. Thereby to quote the late Dr. Martin L. King, Jr., we achieve a "double victory!" First, over ourselves, and thereby over them!