Sunday, November 27, 2016

UNCLE ARLANDER'S BIRTHDAY

UNCLE ARLANDER 'S BIRTHDAY Over the recently concluded 2016 Thanksgiving Holiday, our family celebrated our maternal uncle's 80th birthday, on the Friday after. Uncle Cyrus Arlander Moreland was often just overwhelmed by its breadth, beauty, pageantry, as was I . Seated beside him, at the head table, I marveled as he greeted each one of several great-great-grandchildren with a loving hugs. Watching my own 2-year old granddaughter, Tiye Therese Coleman, bounce, hop, skip and twist to the music on the dance floor, I silently gave thanks to God for being able to witness His glory at work in my life and in  mother's brother's life, despite my and my uncle's previous health challenges. We have had many memorable family gatherings of various kinds over the years, both in St. Louis, and elsewhere. But, this one may have topped them all! Praise God!