Tuesday, January 30, 2018

THE LANGUAGE OF TRUTH IS INFINITE

To title a book THE LANGUAGE OF GOD, as Dr. Francis Collins, co-discoverer of deoxyribonucleic acid's double helix, has seemed to have done with his widely, robustly acclaimed 2006 release, is to limit our conception of illimitable 'God' to one language, to but one 'God' as the article, "the," plainly implies. Whether the word "language" means DNA, RNA, music, mathematics, plants, animals, fish, insects, microbes, beauty, reason, intelligence, forces, chemicals, our solar system, our human universe, infinite everlasting 'omniverses,' or them all, God can never be limited. God is unlimited . Therefore, push away, from natural parietal hubris and human arrogance that reveal themselves in such a seductively deceptive titling for this book, or for any other book whatsoever! in short, no book is big enough for ultimate Truths., I suspended reading this book in 2009, on page 79, before the subsection "Quantum Mechanics and Uncertainty Principle." Earlier I had written 'exactly' in the margin of p. 76, beside the following language: "'The more I examine the universe and the details of its architecture, the more evidence I find that the universe in some sense must have known we were coming.' And Arno Penzias, the Nobel-prize winning scientist who co-discovered the cosmic microwave background radiation that produced strong support for the Big Bang in the first place, states, the best data we have are exactly what I predicted, had I nothing to go on but the five Books of Moses , the Psalms, the Bible as a whole.' Perhaps Penzias was thinking of the words of David in Psalms 8: 'When I consider your heavens , the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, what is man that you are mindful of him?'" P.76 I will now resume my reading of Dr. Francis Collins' important book, and teachings, being better able to receive them, since my life-altering stroke July 20, 2010. To God be the glory for the things that he/she//it/they, have done for me, for us, entirely since then. Amen.