Monday, May 22, 2017

PUSHING PULLING

FROM PUSHING TO PULLING I am as bad as those whom I have in the past condemned as being woefully unreasonable about race. My focus has been on getting black people reading, learning, working zealously to improve themselves, by perfecting themselves, to the point that no ignorant wickedness finds a sanctuary in which to hide, breed, or despoil our progress. Those people whom I have unfairly criticized are those who tend to blame black people primarily and uncritically for not turning out to vote in sufficiently large numbers to defeat the racist politicians, who too often win elections in America. Assessing it, now, both approaches are lacking in the same material respect. That is natural resistance from the black and from the white. For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction . True in physics, true in natural philosophy. Push generates push back, in other words. Better to 'pull' than to push. To pull is to attract, to magnetize. To pull is to induce, to draw unto , i.e. , " And if I be lifted up from the earth, I will draw all men unto me." Not sure pulling will fare any better than pushing, but it could hardly do any worse, to gauge from results!