Saturday, January 4, 2020

READ A BOOK!

I have been often asked if I, Larry Delano Coleman, have ever written a book. I have also, as often, been pointedly admonished to write a book! I have been doubtless admonished, so that my book, too, might die the terrible death of innumerable other books: remaining unread, just crude coffee table glitter, paper-weights; worse —simply shelved or boxed away, an ignoble book fate that is now shared by hundred of millions’ unread books. Yes, I have written a book, THE COLORED GREEN TREE (2011), a metonymy that was self-published @ Amazon.com. I have sold only a few copies of my small 23-page book, “pamphlet”, as some people term it by name. But I can say that I am “published”! As matters now stand, dear friend , by your having read just this much, I already have gained a formidable ascendancy over literary classics, whom you may have not read and, if so, are certainly not now reading as you read these asseverations. Reading can be wearying, I know. When, I get tired reading I do something else that is less wearying, that is more satisfying, more lifting or rewarding. That may be watching television, writing or socializing in person or the internet. Still, there is no better substitute for reading. It is coded transmission of power, information, wisdom, history, inspiration. The Bible is a must read for all, any Christians, anyone, cover to cover! Front to back. It too is wearying. It mocks pretenders with: ◄ Jeremiah 12:5 ► Parallel Verses King James Version If thou hast run with the footmen, and they have wearied thee, then how canst thou contend with horses? and if in the land of peace, wherein thou trustedst, they wearied thee, then how wilt thou do in the swelling of Jordan.