Wednesday, January 29, 2020

BOTH

BOTH Most things that are best done well are done jointly. Take advantage of every opportunity presented to you to collaborate with at least one other person. At times, however, there are no better options, except that you go for yourself. I spent 23 years in solo practice in Kansas City, Missouri. Each day I wished for for a partner, partners. I succeeded. In the end, however, a combination of adverse factors in the legal market coalesced to force me into my retirement, a premature one ; an involuntary retirement that I had to accept as apocalyptically ordained, ordered, orchestrated. I am still here; grateful to God for all that was, now, for so much more ! You see. I was ambivalent since 9th grade whether to be a lawyer or a writer. The good Lord saw to it that I was able to be both, to do both in my lifetime for the good of mankind. That is a lot to be thankful for, to be grateful for, though I had to walk it, this “lonesome valley” of obedience all alone, with key help from friends, family , spouses, clients, readers. I could not ever have done it alone, even if I appeared to be all alone. I am. Yes!  I am still here through all! Amen.