Tuesday, June 18, 2019

CONCEPTIONS OF JESUS CHRIST

CONCEPTIONS OF JESUS CHRIST Jesus did not condemn the beliefs of others. Belief is a combination of faith, understanding and culture. Jesus Christ's disciples, however, did condemn and still do condemn to this very day in 2019. If believers yet wrestle with the mystery, wonder, glory of Christ Jesus, there can be no doubt that unbelievers surely do as well. I have been on both sides of the question: believer and unbeliever. Therefore, I was forced to "work out my own salvation with fear and trembling." So had my forebears done before me in the hellfire of Mississippi. So must you do for your own salvation. It is remarkable that, and how, one man whom some claim did not exist could claim so large a number of followers, literature, monuments, redeemed souls, and could liberate so many enslaved people against such powerful odds with so few friends and with fewer resources! My African American people are prime examples of the power of Jesus to free, liberate, consecrate! History, my love, absolves Jesus. It was not the Council of Nicea, 325 AD, that "created" Jesus; rather it "crowned" its common conception of an already existing Jesus Christ . Conceptions are beliefs based on your faith in God, understanding of nature, inside confines of culture. Not only is my existence, presence, puissance, progeny a gift of God, it is also a product of my forebears' and my parents' conceptual beliefs in Jesus, whose lives, teachings, loves, works, abided their beliefs! If other people have wrought evil and wickedness behind the cloak of Christ, as the millions have done, they have now their reward and shall have it again in eternity, say all African religious creeds preceding that of Jesus Christ and especially including their descendant Christ's!