Sunday, June 9, 2019

CHRISTIAN LOVE

There is also a significant segment of black church folks who were the leaders of the anti slavery movement, who are the base of African American power , history, civilization , from the spirituals on up . I was once bitterly critical of Christianity, until I realized that they were the ones doing the heavy-lifting: Nat Turner, Denmark Vesey, Richard Allen, my mother, father , grandparents, uncles , aunts, cousins. So, I kept reading and studying! Lo and behold! Africans "invented" Christianity too, just as they had reading, writing, and the "idea of God," to quote Frederick Douglass, another Christian icon of black history. So it is in the spirit of love, I commend all of you black Christian skeptics to do further prolonged study . Then, you may find the truth. Bless you all !