Thursday, September 6, 2018

THANK GOD FOR THE INTERNET

THANK GOD FOR THE INTERNET! Facebook and the internet have enabled me to resume my writing, teaching, publishing (even inactive legal) careers, without the stressful burdens of overhead, advertising, clients, or soliciting subscriptions . I was Sports Editor of the Steger Jr. High School "Spotlight" 1965-66, the editor and publisher of "The Dark Side," in Webster Groves High School (Missouri), 1968-1969; the Editor in Chief of the Howard University "Hilltop" 1972-1973; the founder and editor of the "HUSA Herald" 1973-1974; the founder, researcher, editor, publisher, stamp-licker of "The Nile Review," 1981-1985; and author of "The Colored Green Tree," (2011). Now with the internet, I can reach everything and everyone on earth for "free," theoretically, with the same impact as the big boys and girls, though I am physically infirm and financially limited and but one! Seemingly, the internet, Facebook, and all other applications were made for such a writer as me with something to say; even though my words were of a "truthful" i.e. militant genre, that is (or was) commercially unacceptable to most of the mainstream media publications, whether owned by black or white people. The internet was clearly made for one like me with a desire to speak, a mind to work and a mind to research ideas. Each day, I thank Almighty God for the internet, for the ability to teach!