Sunday, September 2, 2018

I SUSPECT.....

I SUSPECT..... I suspect that black Americans will be reviewing, revisiting, revising, recalling , rejoicing, reviling; some may be even recusing themselves from commenting, on the epochal eulogy of Rev . Jasper Williams at the funeral of our departed Detroit diva, Aretha Franklin , for decades. Again. I suspect. I do not know. For whoever could have foreseen the enduring power of Jesus' "Sermon on the Mount," or more recently, and, more modestly, King's "I Have A Dream?" whose epic visions yet tantalize. Yet mesmerize the world? I suspect. My suspicions are based upon reactions to this mighty word; the content of the word; current conditions and errors identified in this mighty word, given its overall cyber communication audience context globally and archetypally. I have been wrong too many times before, have been less often right ; yet I suspect, and do deem myself blessed to have witnessed Jasper Williams's address in real time, too!