Tuesday, August 25, 2015

LOVE AND WOOLEN SOCKS

LOVE AND WOOLEN SOCKS Back in the late 1970s, I won a $25.00 gift certificate to an exclusive men's store here in KC that is no longer in business . Even though $25.00 was worth more then than it is now, yet and still, the only thing my gift certificate could buy was a pair of woolen socks. I felt cheated as I left. Woolen socks? Just socks? Well, I am still wearing those very woolen socks today. So, they were worth the outlay! My warm appreciation for the value of woolen socks went up even more recently, when a prominent discount shoe store here failed to carry them when I sought them. If you cannot think of a perfect gift for the special man or woman in your life, get them a pair or two of fine woolen socks. They will love the gift and the giver forever!