Sunday, August 16, 2015

I WRITE TO READ TO WRITE

I WRITE TO READ TO WRITE I write for pleasure not for profit. Actually and truthfully, I write because I must write to breathe. Therefore, whenever I write, in whatever form that I write, except for assiduously recording those blessed bursts of breath from the "muses," better known as the dictates of the Holy Spirit, which flow through me momentously, I am free to be me completely. All real writers want readers. That includes me and defines me. But, unlike marketable writers, those rare, fortunate few authors that are popularly published, who my particular readers may be, makes no difference to me. They may be the rich, the poor, the young, the old, the in-between, or the yet to be born. It is all the same to me. I write the truth. Truth is the least marketable, least popular, least easily digestible of all of the genres. Yet, it is also the longest lasting of all genres, being read for ages, whose authors were often martyred, except for those who were artful enough to hide their heresies in the penumbra of prevalent piety or mythology. These, too, I read: for a writer is perforce a reader of other writers.