Saturday, March 25, 2017

DR. NATHAN HARE AND ME

Some years ago, Dr. Nathan Hare, formerly a professor at Howard University, and later, co-founder and co-editor of "Black Scholar Magazine," with wife, Dr. Julia Hare, commented to me on Facebook, that I should be aware of brushing into empirical parameters . He did not elaborate, however, nor did I investigate what "empirical" meant more generally. Today, I understand better what it is. I respect all things empirical, as they afford comparatives with which to view, with which to contrast, by analyzing and by analogy. Yet, I am respectful of the intuitively derived, as well. Since the mystery of life abides beyond our ken, human resort must engage the spiritually intuitive dimensions for a better, more holistic understanding, apprehension, appreciation, as well of life's myriad eccentricities. Therefore, my epistemology is both that of the fusion of spiritual intuition and that of the atomic fission of the empirical: hence, quantum! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nathan_Hare http://www.thehistorymakers.com/biography/nathan-hare-38