Wednesday, May 1, 2013

AVUNCULAR WISDOM

AVUNCULAR WISDOM: “TASTE AND SEE THAT THE LORD IS GOOD!”

05/01/13

By Rev. Dr. Larry Delano Coleman



My Uncle Walter McDonald shared an inspiring thought with me this morning. I had called him and my Aunt Susie Coleman McDonald to inquire about their health.

He said, “You know, Larry, the Bible says 'Taste and see that the Lord is good'. It doesn't say 'smell and see that the Lord is good.'”

“Yes, Uncle,” I responded. “Tasting requires a greater commitment than smelling. A total commitment.”

“That reminds me of the story about the conversation between the chicken and the pig about breakfast.” He replied. “The chicken had recommended eggs and bacon. But, the pig objected. He said: “Your recommendation only requires that you lay an egg. But, from me, it requires my life!”

MORAL OF THE STORY: All commitments are not equal!