Friday, January 1, 2016

EDDIE GRIFFIN, BILL COSBY AND DADDY

In viewing KC's own, comedian Eddie Griffin, do his uniquely peculiar spiel on the current Bill Cosby imbroglio, below, I was struck by his characterization of the drug-culture of that era, my era, and many of yours' era, as well! During the drug culture of the 1970s-'80s, was when many of these sexual trysts are alleged to have occurred with a string of too- long-reticent females. Whatever may become of the Dr. Bill Cosby's criminal case in Pennsylvania, or of his civil cases elsewhere, Griffin's comments brought to mind remembrances from concerts that I attended in that frothy era of protest, political ferment, Vietnam, and Panthers: "'Mugs' was getting higher than a 'mug' up in them 'mugs'!" Joints were being passed up and down the aisles and smoked, communally and convivially; sometimes coming from both ends of the aisles and front and back of the aisles! Smoke-ins, my friends! My daddy even told me that one year, when he and mama had driven up to KC from St. Louis, for a then-popular KOOL JAZZ FESTIVAL, during the early 1970s, with some relatives, that such a joint had passed up and down the aisle. When I asked him if he had "hit it," and passed it on, he smiled and said: "Whichever way that the wind blows is cool with me!" I laughed uproariously aloud! https://www.facebook.com/youngiceywhite/videos/10201129279511902/