Wednesday, October 9, 2019

THANKSGIVING FEVER

I HAVE THANKSGIVING FEVER For whatever reason, so early in October, I am already in October 2019, dreaming about , thinking about our American Thanksgiving, "Turkey Day," my favorite family holiday ! No gifts to give nor gifts to exchange . No lines nor parking lots to negotiate or hazard. Just packs of friends, of family, feasting, and non-stop football 🏈! (And sales!) Nothing to buy, but ham, turkey, pies, cakes, ice cream, fruit, wine, chicken, corn meal, peas, carrots, flour, sugar, salt, pepper, sage, beans, paprika, garlic, onions, celery, green pepper, corn, butter, cooking oil , chitterlings, ice potatoes, sweet potatoes, greens ! Don't mind me! I am old school and I am proven school, not innovative, nor modern nor acculturated to the present orientation of prepared or ready-mix that is so vogue, risqué! The preparation of the food is itself celebratory for the gifts of Almighty God made manifest in the edibles in gestation, in felicitous company. Some may not know what the heck Elder is talking about. But for the others who do know! Very Happy Thanksgiving already from me to you! Work that thang! Do the do! Thank you Lord Jesus , Jehovah-Almighty God through and through!