Sunday, November 8, 2009

REVIVED LAWYER’S CREED

REVIVED LAWYER’S CREED

Isaiah 33:22 (New International Version)
22 For the LORD is our judge,
the LORD is our lawgiver,
the LORD is our king;
it is he who will save us.

(GOD IS SUPERIOR TO ARTICLE 1, 2, OR 3 OF THE U.S. CONSTITUTION)

Psalm 19 (New International Version)
Psalm 19

7 The law of the LORD is perfect,
reviving the soul.
The statutes of the LORD are trustworthy,
making wise the simple.
8 The precepts of the LORD are right,
giving joy to the heart.
The commands of the LORD are radiant,
giving light to the eyes.
9 The fear of the LORD is pure,
enduring forever.
The ordinances of the LORD are sure
and altogether righteous.
10 They are more precious than gold,
than much pure gold;
they are sweeter than honey,
than honey from the comb.
11 By them is your servant warned;
in keeping them there is great reward.

Psalm 1 (New International Version)
Psalm 1
BOOK I : Psalms 1-41
1 Blessed is the man
who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked
or stand in the way of sinners
or sit in the seat of mockers.
2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD,
and on his law he meditates day and night.
3 He is like a tree planted by streams of water,
which yields its fruit in season
and whose leaf does not wither.
Whatever he does prospers.
4 Not so the wicked!
They are like chaff
that the wind blows away.
5 Therefore the wicked will not stand in the judgment,
nor sinners in the assembly of the righteous.
6 For the LORD watches over the way of the righteous,
but the way of the wicked will perish.

Psalm 119 (English Standard Version)
Psalm 119
Your Word Is a Lamp to My Feet

Gimel
17(W) Deal bountifully with your servant,
(X) that I may live and keep your word.18Open my eyes, that I may behold
wondrous things out of your law.19I am(Y) a sojourner on the earth;
(Z) hide not your commandments from me!20My soul is consumed with(AA) longing
for your rules[d] at all times.21You rebuke(AB) the insolent,(AC) accursed ones,
who(AD) wander from your commandments.22Take away from me(AE) scorn and contempt,
(AF) for I have kept your testimonies.23Even though(AG) princes sit plotting against me,
your servant will(AH) meditate on your statutes.24Your testimonies are my(AI) delight;
they are my(AJ) counselors.

Daleth
25(AK) My soul clings to the dust;
(AL) give me life(AM) according to your word!26When(AN) I told of my ways, you answered me;
(AO) teach me your statutes!27(AP) Make me understand the way of your precepts,
and I will(AQ) meditate on your wondrous works.28(AR) My soul melts away for sorrow;
strengthen me according to your word!29Put false ways far from me
and graciously(AS) teach me your law!30I have chosen the way of faithfulness;
I(AT) set your rules before me.31I cling to your testimonies, O LORD;
(AU) let me not be put to shame!32I will run in the way of your commandments
when you(AV) enlarge my heart![e]

He
33(AW) Teach me, O LORD, the way of your statutes;
and I will keep it(AX) to the end.[f]34(AY) Give me understanding, that I may keep your law
and observe it with my whole heart.35(AZ) Lead me in the path of your commandments,
for I(BA) delight in it.36(BB) Incline my heart to your testimonies,
and not to(BC) selfish gain!37(BD) Turn my eyes from looking at worthless things;
and(BE) give me life in your ways.38(BF) Confirm to your servant your promise,
(BG) that you may be feared.39Turn away the(BH) reproach that I dread,
for your rules are good.40Behold, I(BI) long for your precepts;
(BJ) in your righteousness give me life!

Waw
41Let your(BK) steadfast love come to me, O LORD,
your salvation(BL) according to your promise;42then(BM) shall I have an answer for him(BN) who taunts me,
for I trust in your word.43And take not the word of truth utterly out of my mouth,
for my(BO) hope is in your rules.44I will keep your law continually,
forever and ever,45and I shall walk(BP) in a wide place,
for I have(BQ) sought your precepts.46I will also speak of your testimonies(BR) before kings
and shall not be put to shame,47for I(BS) find my delight in your commandments,
which I love.48I will(BT) lift up my hands toward your commandments, which I love,
and I will(BU) meditate on your statutes.

Proverbs 9 (English Standard Version)
Proverbs 9
The Way of Wisdom

7Whoever corrects a scoffer gets himself abuse,
and he who reproves a wicked man incurs injury.8(R) Do not reprove a scoffer, or he will hate you;
(S) reprove a wise man, and he will love you.9Give instruction[b] to a wise man, and he will be(T) still wiser;
teach a righteous man, and he will(U) increase in learning.10(V) The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom,
and(W) the knowledge of the Holy One is insight.11For by me(X) your days will be multiplied,
and years will be added to your life.12(Y) If you are wise, you are wise for yourself;
if you scoff, you alone will bear it.

Habakkuk 3:17-19 (King James Version)

17Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines; the labour of the olive shall fail, and the fields shall yield no meat; the flock shall be cut off from the fold, and there shall be no herd in the stalls:

18Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation.

19The LORD God is my strength, and he will make my feet like hinds' feet, and he will make me to walk upon mine high places. To the chief singer on my stringed instruments.