Sunday, May 5, 2019

CONFESSIONS

CONFESSIONS Dr. Leon Wright of Howard U. had attained the depth that only one in 10,000 Buddhists monks attained. Dr. Lonnie Shabazz, minister of NOI Temple #4 in Washington, D.C. had his doctorate in mathematics, who wrote in equations for my insight . All of this was well and good. But I had been teethed on Jesus Christ, at my mother's knee, at my father's side, having witnessed the power and the glory of the Holy Spirit for myself. So when the stuff got deep, really deep, I could but call on none other than what I know and I knew . That said, I have also been blessed to address Muslims, Christians, Universal-Unitarians, Ancient Egyptian mystery cults and more; blessed to break bread with and to feast with them . I have celebrated my spiritual kinships with my fellow men in my essay, "Exhalations from My Soul," in my THE NILE REVIEW newsletter that I published 5 years. Muslims have given me Qurans and said I sounded like a Muslim minister. Fellow Christian pastors have told me that I was really a Baptist minister disguised as an African Methodist Episcopal pastor. I took it all in stride, then and now, knowing that we occupy but one planet; all descending from African genes; that as tectonic plates move and continents pull apart, so has man been destined to overspread one earth under one sun and one moon. One man, one woman, sun, moon being divinely mathematical, biological, physical, philosophical, apostrophic, foundation for us all. Amen.