Tuesday, March 18, 2014

CRAMMING

CRAMMING Cramming has long been one of my primary afflictions. From junior high school science projects, to high school term papers, to college quizzes, even law school exams, cramming got me over, with honors, usually. Once I hit the 'real world,' however, I learned that cramming is a stumbling block! I learned that adrenaline--cramming's driver-- is only a short term stimulant. I learned that too many dumb errors, too many blunders ensue from a tardy over-reliance on cramming and adrenaline alone. "An ounce of preparation is better than a pound of brilliance," a wise old lawyer told me very early in my legal career. The sagacity of his saying has come to rest and to abide with me now that, physiologically, cramming is not a viable option. Instead, I now feel the flow and follow; sense the spirit and submit. I begin immediately, gratefully. And God grants the increase!