Monday, November 11, 2013

WHY THE DELAY?

WHY THE DELAY? LET'S DO IT TODAY. Procrastination is a terrible thing. Many of my most pressing regrets are based on it; are based on unnecessary delay; are based on putting off for tomorrow what could and should be done today. In the end I have had to cram. To pull all-nighters. The end result was never as good as it might have been had I not delayed, had I not procrastinated. The Ethiopian Eunuch pulled Philip, Jesus' disciple, back from the precipice of procrastination, when he pointedly asked Philip "What's preventing me from being baptized right now? There is water over there." Acts 8 says: "35 Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus. 36 And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?" Whether you plan to preach, to teach, to help, to clean, to cook, to paint, to wash, to write, to give, to build, to go, to apologize--whatever it may be; don't delay. Do it today, especially if all you need is at hand!