Sunday, December 27, 2009

Snow Bank Reveries

Sunday, December 27, 2009


SNOWBANK REVERIES
By Larry Delano Coleman, Esq.

‘Twas the day after Christmas
With snow on the ground; ice
Underneath, and more coming down.

I drove to my office to pick
Up a fee; but, an unplowed
parking lot greeted me.

Never to fear with my four-wheel
Drive, I revved up the engine,
And in I dived.

When, what to my horror should
Ensue: There was a lurch, then
A thud; and I’m stuck in the “goo!”

I gunned it and rocked it, but did
Nothing but spin. “What,” I lamented,
“a pickle I’m in!”

Then, from up on the Hilltop, a brother
Came down: wearing brown cover-alls,
crunching snowy ground.

Without saying a word, he put his
Shoulder to the hood, and pushed
And pushed, till I was cleared for good.

When I was free, only then
Did he grin. I returned
The favor and gave him a ten!

First day of Kwanzaa:
“Umoja,”-- unity,
http://www.holidays.net/kwanzaa/7days.htm
though it took a snow bank
to bring it to me!

# 30