Monday, September 10, 2012

PRAYER FOR MY FATHER

PRAYER FOR MY FATHER

By Rev. Dr. Larry Delano Coleman
Sunday, June 19, 2011

Thank you, Lord! Thank you, Master! Thank you, Heavenly Father!

It is now, and again, Lord, that I raise my voice in prayerful supplication.
Even then, Father, I lower my head in humble submission.
It is you, Master, who gives me breath to pray.
It is you, Lord, who supplies me with a head to submit.

I surrender all, right now, Lord! I surrender all, in Jesus’ holy name!

On this Father’s Day, I pause in remembrance of my earthly father.
It was he who told me of you, Lord! It was he who taught me to love you, Lord.
He showed me and my siblings that we had another Father:
of all--
above all--
for all--
who was in us all--
Who is master and creator of all!
I thank you for my earthly father, Heavenly Father! And for his father, and for all our fathers, this morning, Master!

Lastly, Lord: I thank you for life, for my wife, for our children, for their wives and for their children, and for our entire family, whether by blood or by affirmation.

Thank you, Lord!

In sickness and in health, in good times and in bad, in joy and in sorrow, you’ve been a way-maker and a mind-regulator. For all these things I thank you, Master!

“Your grace and mercy brought me through. I’m living this moment, because of you. I want to thank you and praise you, too. Your grace and mercy brought me through! Oh, Jesus! Thank you for saving a sinner like me to tell the world salvation is free. There were times when I just didn’t do right. But, you watched over me both day and night. Justice demanded that I should die. But grace and mercy said “Oh no! Oh no! No! We’ve already paid the price!” You see, I once was blind but now I can see. It was because grace and mercy came along and rescued me!”

#30