Tuesday, November 29, 2016

NEVER MET PRESIDENT OBAMA

NEVER MET PRESIDENT OBAMA I have never met President Barack Obama, our 44th, our only black. But, I have seen him and heard him speak in person. That was in July 2008 at the African Methodist Episcopal Church's (AME) General Conference in St. Louis, Missouri. That was where that iconic photo was taken of him being blessed by our entire bevy of Bishops in the ritual known as "laying on of hands by the Presbytery," in prophetic prayer. http://biblehub.com/1_timothy/4-14.htm We, members of the National Bar Association (NBA), had hoped that we, the largest organized body of black lawyers in the world, might have seen him in session during our July 2008, Houston, Texas, Annual Convention. But it was not to be. He met with Democratic Party fundraisers there, instead, where he reportedly raised $1.5 million in 45 minutes and left. Having seen him and heard him speak, in person, already in July 2008, I was not offended by this apparent miff of NBA. Neither was anyone else, offended after we had learned about the large amount of money that he had raised from the Democrats, as reported by a small delegation from the NBA who were accorded viewer status, inside it. Of course, my wife and I attended his historic 2009 inauguration in Washington, DC. But I returned from the mall to my cousin 's residence, after battling with those overflow crowds for 3-4 hours in the cold. At my cousin's house in the warmth and comfort of home, I watched and heard him again, this time on television. My wife stuck it out in the massive lines on the mall. Feeling and sharing OBAMA today!