Tuesday, April 30, 2013

BETWEEN TWO "LOVES"


BETWEEN TWO "LOVES"

5/2/2010

BY REV. DR. LARRY DELANO COLEMAN

"No one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other.  You cannot serve God and money." Matthew 7:24 (ESV)

Make money your servant, or it will make you its servant.

Resolution of this conundrum came by way of inspiration of the holy spirit.  Initially, indeed, for years, the above quoted scripture from Matthew stumped me, subdued me, stultified me.

We make money our servant by putting God, first, in our value system, and realizing that money is merely one means, among many, to achieve an end, albeit it a convenient one.

Hereby, one serves only one "master," God, the creator of all things, including "money." Hereby, one avoids the fallacy, and attains a new level of mastery.  Hereby, there is only one "love," God.

As "The Lord is my shepherd," Psalm 23:1, so, "Money is my servant." And, I shall not, and do not,want. Amen.