Thursday, January 3, 2013

SELF LOVE

Self-love, we are taught, is evil or wicked, egocentric, and vain.

I beg to differ! Self-love is the womb of love, the seed of love, the fruition of love! It is love's nativity, provenance, home!

If you don't love yourself, you can't love me! If you can't help yourself, you can't help me!

"As thyself" is the standard used by Jesus Christ to teach love of one's neighbor, "as thyself!" It begins... with self!

So, love yourself! Love yourself so much you "cloy" on self, you "surfeit" on self, you become sick of self-love; till it overflows!

"Yourself" includes your spouse, and your children, whether by blood or affinity.

Love is the actuator and the instigator of motion, of progress. So, love on my brothers and my sisters, love on, beginning with yourself!