Friday, September 7, 2018

STOLEN LEGACY

MY STOLEN LEGACY REPRISE When I read the classic STOLEN LEGACY by George G. M. James in the 1980's I lacked sufficient literary background in the classics to fully appreciate, or comprehend, what he was saying; still I taught some who were less informed than me in black history and literature . I am much better read now . So, I will re-read James' book now sapiently. What I did recall, however, is his mention of how the last Egyptian priest who could read hieroglyphics (the sacred writings) was murdered on the Island of Philae by Christian mercenaries to assure the triumph of their new religion and the death of the old religion of Africans,of Isis, Horus, Osiris that some of the Romans had also worshipped, before their re-packaging as other and their obeisance to new rulers, hierarchical priests and prelates.