Wednesday, December 21, 2016

packaging and contents

PACKAGING AND CONTENTS Intellectual and spiritual vigor is not confined to a body type or its state health. God speaks through all ills. Saul stood ahead above other men. Yet David, a mere boy, beheaded Goliath, the great Philistine, with Goliath's own sword, even as David severed Saul's hem while that King of Israel squatted in a cave; that as easily might have been his head! Karl Steinmetz, the great scientist, whose biography I read as a boy, was gnarled, crippled, hunchback, handicapped; of like infirmities is Richard Dawkins the prolific British astrophysicist who is wheelchair bound and speaks by voice device. Many world renown musicians have been blind and black including Ray Charles, Stevie Wonder, the Five Blind Boys, Blind Lemon Jefferson. Packaging does not define content. "…8Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. 9But He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is perfected in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly in my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest on me. 10That is why, for the sake of Christ, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.…" 2 Cor. 12: